2022 Poster Abstracts
2022 Poster Session
POSTER PRESENTATION TIMES:
Thursday, May 12
5:30 pm – 6:30 pm: Even-numbered posters
6:30 pm – 7:30 pm: Odd-numbered posters
POSTER SETUP AND TAKEDOWN
Please refer to your poster number(s) (Page 36 in the Book of Abstracts) to set up your poster(s).
All posters must be set up from 4:30 – 5:30 pm on Thursday, May 12 at the Kinnear Centre 101-105.
Posters must be removed by 8:30 am on Friday, May 13.
HQP posters will be judged by assigned participants at the Symposium. Winners from the poster competition will be awarded on Thursday, May 12.
Judging criteria are listed below:
Aesthetics (5 Points)
- Visually appealing; color scheme enhances the presentation.
- Coherent and logical presentation of information. Font sizes and styles are appropriate.
- Figures, schemes, and tables integrated well and have captions.
- Co-authors and funding agencies are identified. Poster is balanced overall with no large blank areas.
Project Work (20 Points)
- Project builds upon existing knowledge; leading references cited.
- Well-articulated hypothesis and research plan. Experiments and methodology are designed appropriately, with controls where applicable, and provide good quality data to support or refute the hypothesis.
- Results are meaningful and analyzed appropriately.
- Conclusions are supported by experimental data. Work is appropriate to the presenter’s education level and program year.
Oral Component (15 Points)
- Presenter is articulate and speaks clearly.
- Presentation is succinct and follows a logical progression.
- Main points are addressed early on.
- Responses to questions are accurate and supported by data.
Impact (10 Points)
- Work is a significant advancement in the field. Project positioned within the context of a larger problem with a demonstrable need.
- Poster content is accessible to both experts and non-experts.